News and Events
REDUCING FIRE DEATHS MUST BE OUR PRIORITY
OCTOBER 5th, 2023
Plumis has partnered with the National Social Housing Fire Strategy Group (NSHFG) to bring together fire safety officers and engineers, as well as housing managers and care providers to discuss some of the challenges facing UK housing providers.
As part of a back to basics campaign, the half-day Fire Safety Event taking place on Monday 9 October at The Building Centre in London will focus on preventing fire-related fatalities – shining a light on the need to take a person-centred approach to fire safety.
In addition, the event will explore fire risk assessment competence, understanding fire statistics, understanding the coroner process relating to the prevention of future deaths reports and our strategic housing adviser, Jan Taranczuk, will be unveiling his findings from a 10-year analysis of the future death reports before wrapping up with a panel discussion on practical solutions.
Alongside, Jan, attendees will also hear from:
- Sir Ken Knight CBE, QFSM, DL
- Andy Frankum, chair of the NSHFG
- Dennis Davis, executive officer at Fire Sector Federation
- Will Dawes, principal research officer for the UK Home Office
- Penelope Schofield, senior coroner for West Sussex, Brighton & Hove
- Clive Miles, chair of the Association of Specialist Fire Protection
- Yusuf Muhammad, chief design officer and co-founder at Plumis
For late bookings please contact Jan Taranczuk on 07970779973.