It’s time to expect more from your BS 8458 fire sprinkler
Automist Smartscan, the watermist fire sprinkler evolved: "I mist, you mist, we mist together!"
The residential active fire safety industry is changing. Building designers are no longer faced with the bleak choice of either boxed-in passive fire protection or an elaborate over-the-top water sprinkler systems. Now there is an elegant third way, just as effective (meets BS 8458-1 2010 fire performance) but easier to install: the Automist Smartscan.
- Convenient, attractive and affordable alternative to sprinklers
- Independently third party tested by Exova Warringtonfire UKAS Laboratory
- Uses 90% less water than traditional sprinklers minimising water damage to the living space
- Quick to install or retrofit
- Triggered by reliable heat detectors, not prone to false alarms like a smoke alarm.
Automist is a fantastic fire-safety product and an enabler of great design. I now have the freedom to configure a property in the best way for my client’s needs while still meeting important building control regulations. It’s affordable and the unobtrusive nozzles don’t get in the way of the design. As soon as I found out about Automist it was a no-brainer. My clients never imagined they’d be able to have the kitchen I created for them when we started the project.
Learn more about how the innovative sprinkler alternative uses a fine water mist to suppress fires.